Herd Event Log Book
Using the DHI Herd Event Log Book is a convenient way to keep track of important herd information. Divided into 10 sections, the Log Book allows you to enter data for the following:
- Calving and functional traits
- Dry cows and dry treatments
- Purchased and new animals entering the herd
- Cows that have been sold or left the herd
- Breeding information
- Vet checks
- Health and treatment
- Miscellaneous (hoof trimming, bolus, vitamins, etc.)
- Calves and heifers
Ordering your Log Book
For DHI customers in Western Canada and Ontario:
Request a new Log Book (free of charge), from your DHI field staff.
For Non-DHI customers in Ontario and Manitoba:
Call DHI at 1-800-549-4373, and a new Log Book will be mailed to you free of charge compliments of Dairy Farmers of Ontario and Dairy Farmers of Manitoba.
Non-DHI customers in Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia:
Call DHI at 1-800-549-4373 to purchase a new Log Book ($25.00 plus $5.00 shipping and handling).